Rugby League Planet
Our website address is: https://www.rugbyleagueplanet.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on Rugby League Planet we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Rugby League Planet does send out newsletters to all subscribers on occasion on the latest international rugby league news. These newsletters may also include promotions. These newsletters will also provide you with the option to opt out of future communications.
What Information We Collect
Personal information held by the RLP may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, contact phone numbers, e-mail address, bank account or credit card details, occupation and driver’s licence number and the business details of customers and suppliers and their dealings with RLP.
How We Collect Information
Personal information is collected by RLP to enable us to provide you with the products and services you have requested and to assist us improve our products and services. If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you require, or a high level of service.
Personal information may be collected directly from you such as through an application (including submitted online, by email, by mail or by phone) for products or services, indirectly from you such as through monitoring your usage of products and services (e.g. the collection of information of your usage of our website including through cookies), or from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies, or your representatives.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
• verify your identity;
• to allow us to identify our customers via usernames and passwords and to interpret customers’ pre-stored attributes and parameters for using features and functions of the RLP web sites;
• assist you to subscribe to our services;
• provide the products and services you require;
• administer and manage those products and services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
• inform you of ways the products and services provided to you could be improved;
• conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
• market, research and develop our products and services;
• gain an understanding of your needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and
• maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
RLP provides products and services via our website. When you visit our site, our web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists us to improve the structure of our websites and monitor their performance.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. RLP extends the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. Most internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies, however you can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our websites or take advantage of the improved website experience that cookies offer.
Your personal information is also collected to promote and market other services which we consider may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
In order to deliver the services you require and for the purposes set out above, RLP may disclose your personal information to organisations outside RLP. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to RLP and related companies providing services to you. These organisations may carry out:
• customer enquiries;
• mailing systems;
• billing and debt-recovery functions;
• information technology services;
• marketing, telemarketing and sales services;
• market research; and
• web site usage analysis.
RLP takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
• your authorised representatives or legal advisers (when requested by you to do so);
• credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
• credit providers (for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
• our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
• government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
• organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation).
Third Party Sites
Keeping Your Personal Information Up To Date
RLP takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information relies to a large extent on the information you provide. We recommend that you:
• let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
• keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your name or address, by contacting us (see “How To Contact Us” below).
You Can Access Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. RLP reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information.
How To Contact Us
If you have any queries in relation to privacy, please email [email protected].