• 31 match tournament due to be held at twelve stadiums across the country
• Women’s 2021 World Cup and Wheelchair 2021 World Cup also awarded to England
• England beat off competition from the USA/Canada, who have been awarded the 2025 World Cup
Rugby League World Cup Qualifier - USA 10 Jamaica 16 - Report
Jamaica made history with their first-ever win over USA, 16-10, bringing them the 2018 Americas Championship and automatic qualification for the 2021 Rugby League World Cup in England, the eleventh nation to book their place.
Serbia and Spain have announced their 19-man squads for the 2021 World Cup Qualifier showdown at the Makis Stadium in Belgrade tomorrow (Saturday). All three nations in European Championship B are tied on two points, with the Serbians needing to beat their opponents by a difference of 14 to retain their title, and move on to the next stage of World Cup qualification in 2019.
The USA Hawks and Cook Islands Kukis have announced their squads for the qualification game to decide the 16th and final place at Rugby League World Cup 2021. The game will be held in Jacksonville, Florida on November 16th.
Canada and Jamaica have named 19-man squads for their clash in the Americas Championship at the University of North Florida Stadium, Jacksonville, tomorrow (Tuesday, kick off 5pm).
By Brian Lowe, Date: 2/8/18
South American champions Chile are excited at the prospect of becoming the first Latin Americans to compete in a Rugby League World Cup qualifying series.
- Master craftsmen at Thomas Fattorini commissioned to create a replica cockerel which has been missing from Paul Barrière cup since 1968
- Trophy was famously stolen in 1970, and found in 1990
- A new addition – a GPS device – will allow the cup to be tracked at all times by security and fans alike